Fwd: Re: again freebusy

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Tue Sep 28 11:46:39 CEST 2004

Hi all,

There have now been three cases of people with a problem on the kolab
lists within the last week. All of them have a freebusy server that is
called machine.domain.x, but the email address on the users is domain.x.
The code in freebusymanager will not accept downloading these freebusy
lists, since the email domain is not identical to the hostname.

We've been here before, and I'm not about to open that discussion right
now. However, I have a workaround that solves the problem for every
single person on the kolab lists: Add checks for one of the domains being
a subdomain of the other. See the attached patch.

Since this solves one of the problems users have, I would like to check it
into HEAD and 3.3 branch (attached patch is against HEAD). Is that a
reasonable compromise for now?

Bo.

Here is the last of the problem mails: