Kolab2 and Free/Busy - the big picture

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Fri Oct 1 11:54:11 CEST 2004

Hi,

after using FB information on a Kolab 1 server without problems (except some
issues with the OL clients, but that's nothing to blame Kolab for) I
actually have thought it would be easy to check the behavior on a Kolab 2
server.

However I wonder, what the big picture of free/busy on Kolab 2 is. The facts
as far as I have found out are:

I can get FB data via https://kolab.osp-dd.de/freebusy/mustermann.xfb
I can get FB data via http://kolab.osp-dd.de/freebusy/mustermann.xfb

In both cases I can authenticate as "mustermann" or as "freebusy".
Interesting is, that I have "HTTP FreeBusy Service" disabled in the admin
frontend in the services section.
The DTSTAMP: value in the response is modified each time I get the file
which seems to correspond to the "RewriteEngine" entry in the config file
(set to "on" on my system after installation).

Webdav does not work, but I figured out in the meantime that it's disabled
in the apache.conf after I had used the default setup method.

Uploading is possible using https://kolab.osp-dd.de/freebusy/mustermann.xfb
(plus login/password) in KOrganizer. After having uploaded new FB data, the
Kolab fbview frontend gives me the new FB data on the display. This was
appropriate to the file contents
in /kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/data/mustermann.xfb while my browsers
still give me the previous state of the FB data (in my case 2 instead of 4
events) but with updated DTSTAMP for each request.

It's easily possible that I'm missing some documents describing the FB
handling. OTOH they are all but easy to find if you rely on www.kolab.org
as basic entry point.
So it would be really nice if someone could provide appropriate documents
somewhere on the web site or let me (us) know via reply on this list.

Regards,
Andreas