Questions about using kolab2 and kontact

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Nov 3 22:21:36 CET 2004

Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 10:09 schrieb Timo Springmann:

> Is kolab2 ready for a daily usage

Kolab 2 is in development and not released sofar though many are running the
developement versions in production environments. You milage may vary....

> features are already implemented? Are there any plans for a release this
> year? I've read somewhere that kolab2 is done in 2004?!

If everything goes well I expect some kind of release at the end of the year.

> Can we use the kontact version that comes with KDE 3.3.0 (Debian/Sid) or do
> we have to compile kontact from cvs head? If we have to use kontact from
> head, are there any debian packages out there (or at least a little howto
> for compiling kontact from head?)

For full Kolab 2 features you require the Proko2 branch of the kdepim package.

> set up kontact to work with kolab2 (actually I just tried it a few
> minutes...)

Please expect a bigger effort than a few minutes...

Regards.
-- martin

President next year."  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n