Questions about using kolab2 and kontact

Timo Springmann t.springmann at linet-services.de
Wed Nov 3 22:39:35 CET 2004

On Mittwoch 03 November 2004 22:21, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 10:09 schrieb Timo Springmann:
> > Is kolab2 ready for a daily usage
>
> Kolab 2 is in development and not released sofar though many are running
> the developement versions in production environments. You milage may
> vary....

This sounds promising.

> For full Kolab 2 features you require the Proko2 branch of the kdepim
> package.

I already read that somewhere. I just tried to build some debian packages from
kde_3_3_branch with proko2 patches last weekend, but I didn't get it to work.
The problem is, that I'm no developer, just someone who tries to validated
some groupware solutions for internal use (and of course for selling to
customers).

> > set up kontact to work with kolab2 (actually I just tried it a few
> > minutes...)
>
> Please expect a bigger effort than a few minutes...

Yes, I know. I just wanted to tell that I hadn't the time to take a deeper
look into the kontact integration...

Anyway, thanks for the answers. I'll keep trying :)
Timo