perl, sasl or cyrus problem?

suffocator suffocator at gmx.de
Fri Jun 18 11:12:38 CEST 2004

Hi Denis,

Friday, June 18, 2004, 10:31:49 AM, you wrote:

>> as written before on this list I have had several problems to get
>> Kolab installed. Mostly I get the famous 'no worthy mechs found'-error
>> in /var/log/messages. I've seen that there has been a bug report for
>> SuSE 8.1, obviously this problem isn't solved, is it?
>>
>> I've tried several ways to install Kolab (ZFOS and source, both in
DC> different
>> versions) on Redhat9, Fedora Core1, RHEL3, Debian and Mandrake. For me
>> things just worked using Debian 3.0 (after several attempts with
>> kolab2) and Mandrake 10 (worked out of the box). I followed the source-QIM
>> precisely - no luck, ZFOS installation works fine - no luck, tips from
DC> pokorra.de
>> did not work for me too.
>>
>> So the question is why does this error occur, what am I and others
>> doing wrong? Maybe we can split the problem into several pieces to
>> test and verify.

DC> I have also been through this process and managed with the Redhat 3.0/ZFOS
DC> setup but now even that no longer wants to work for me.

DC> How do you install it under Mandrake ? because I can no longer afford to
DC> waste my time trying to get any of the other versions to work and need a
DC> system that I can get working 100% every time & keep up to date.

DC> Many thanks

DC> Denis

I just downloaded MDK10 + Cooker pkgs (~5GB) and solved dependencies manually
with help from rpmseek.com or console output requiring other packages. You
have to install normal RPMS as well as Cooker RPMS, it's a bit
confusing jumping between cooker and normal RPMS, but it works for me. Horde
webclient installation works too. But there was an authentication
issue different from native Kolab, I think you just have to use
<username> instead of <username at domain.com> when adding users using the
webinterface. Accessing the admin webinterface you have to use
https://host.domain.com/kolab instead of ~/admin.

Be aware that you have to use several packages that are still in
cooker-status.

Hope that works!

--
Best regards,