Kolab and Kontact on Mandrake 10

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. list_archive at netixitalia.it
Fri Jul 23 13:06:30 CEST 2004

Jean-Michel Dault wrote:
> Le jeu 22/07/2004 à 06:25, Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. a écrit :
>
>>Yes, I can access the web interface (https://host.domain.lan/kolab) with
>>that user. The username is: fausto
>

> OK, this means that your LDAP is working at last.
>
> Now we have to check if Cyrus can authenticate
> Can you do the following:
> 1) telnet to host.domain.lan port 110 (pop3)
> 2) enter "user <user>", enter, and "pass <password>", enter
> 3) the server should respond with +OK for both commmands, and should
> tell you how many messages you have.

Jean-Michel: Please let me know if I should move this topic to mandrake
expert support or if I can keep posting here.

I solved the problem just reinstalling kolab once again, following the
steps you indicated, plus:
- rm -rf /var/spool/imap/user/*
- > /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db

The document you indicated
(http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/*checkout*/doc/proko2-doc/doc2.sxw?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain)
was very useful, thank you :-)
Now I can send and receive mail through Kolab server.
I can also lookup contacts and even share calendar events, but when I
configure contacts and calendar to use IMAP resources, contacts and
calendar events just disappear after quitting Kontact.
Starting kontact from a shell, the output I get is:

$ kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAccel): WARNING: KKeySequence::init( seq ): key[0] is null.
kdecore (KAccel): WARNING: KKeySequence::init( seq ): key[0] is null.
kontact: WARNING: KDCOPServiceStarter: No service implementing
DCOP/ResourceBack
end/IMAP
kontact: ERROR: Couldn't connect to the IMAP resource backend
kontact: ERROR: Unable to open resource 'imap-resource'!
kontact: WARNING: KDCOPServiceStarter: No service implementing
DCOP/ResourceBack
end/IMAP
kontact: ERROR: Couldn't connect to the IMAP resource backend
kontact: ERROR: DCOP error during incidences(QString)
kontact: ERROR: Impossibile caricare la risorsa "imap-resource"
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
QComboBox::setCurrentItem: (unnamed) Index 3 out of range
kontact: WARNING: No QApplication object available, you'll get a memleak!
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::updateShortcut(): name =
"mlist_filter", cut = ; No KAccel, probably missing a parent collection.

Then, when I quit Kontact:

[...]

Thank you for the support