Kolab and Kontact on Mandrake 10

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. list_archive at netixitalia.it
Thu Jul 22 10:01:13 CEST 2004

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. wrote:

> Jean-Michel Dault wrote:
>
>> Le mer 21/07/2004 à 12:35, Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. a écrit :
>>
>> I'm now in charge of your Mandrake support tickets #82294 & 82417.
>>

>>> I have then disinstalled and reinstalled the whole Kolab server, with
>>> all its dependencies, then ran again /usr/sbin/kolab_bootstrap -b.
>>> The configuration is much clearer now, but when I start the kolab-server
>>> service, after all the services give [OK], I receive this message:
>>> Login failed: authentication failure at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor
>>> _perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
>>> could not authenticate with Cyrus IMAP daemon () at /usr/sbin/kolab line
>>> 439.
>>

>> It looks like your LDAP is pretty messed up... I suggest you:
>> 1) remove kolab (rpm -e kolab-server)
>> 2) remove remaining files in /etc/kolab (rm -rf /etc/kolab)
>> 3) remove your ldap databases (rm -f /var/lib/ldap/*.ddb)
>> 4) reboot your server to make sure all services are shutdown.
>> 5) reinstall kolab (urpmi kolab-server)
>> 6) run /usr/bin/kilab_boostrap -b as root via command line (don't use
>> the wizard so we can have logs)
>> 7) start kolab (service kolab-server start)
>>

> I did what you suggested, but can't still authenticate with cyrus and
> the web interface can't still be accessed with manager/[manager
> password] (I also checked the bind_pw line in /etc/kolab/kolab.conf and
> it is exactly as it should be.

Never mind, I checked the aforementioned steps and I found that the step
3) should be about deleting *.dbb instead of *.ddb, now the installation
process goes fine and I can authenticate with cyrus and access the web
interface with manager/[manager password].

I hope I can refer to you if I have other problems.

Thank you so much :-)