Kolab and Kontact on Mandrake 10

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. list_archive at netixitalia.it
Thu Jul 22 11:50:09 CEST 2004

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. wrote:

>> Jean-Michel Dault wrote:
>>
>>> Le mer 21/07/2004 à 12:35, Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. a écrit :
>>>
>>> I'm now in charge of your Mandrake support tickets #82294 & 82417.

>>> It looks like your LDAP is pretty messed up... I suggest you:
>>> 1) remove kolab (rpm -e kolab-server)
>>> 2) remove remaining files in /etc/kolab (rm -rf /etc/kolab)
>>> 3) remove your ldap databases (rm -f /var/lib/ldap/*.ddb)
>>> 4) reboot your server to make sure all services are shutdown.
>>> 5) reinstall kolab (urpmi kolab-server)
>>> 6) run /usr/bin/kilab_boostrap -b as root via command line (don't use
>>> the wizard so we can have logs)
>>> 7) start kolab (service kolab-server start)
>>>

>> I did what you suggested, but can't still authenticate with cyrus and
>> the web interface can't still be accessed with manager/[manager
>> password] (I also checked the bind_pw line in /etc/kolab/kolab.conf
>> and it is exactly as it should be.
>

> Never mind, I checked the aforementioned steps and I found that the step
> 3) should be about deleting *.dbb instead of *.ddb, now the installation
> process goes fine and I can authenticate with cyrus and access the web
> interface with manager/[manager password].

Now I have a problem configuring Kontact to communicate with Kolab,
probably there is a problem with the cyrus mailbox folder.
I've configured Kontact as in the document file you indicated:
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/*checkout*/doc/proko2-doc/doc2.sxw?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain
In the section where you have to configure KMail to have groupware
functionality (KMail->Setting->Configure KMail->Misc), I did as
indicated, but when I try to synchronize the new account to the server
with File->Check Mail In->[new account], in the little synchronization
dialog I have two item:
1) The name that I gave the host in the Network configuration of KMail->
it gives me this error message (I have to translate from Italian):
Error loading the folder
It's impossible to create a folder in the server.
This can be because you don't have the rights to do it or because the
folder is already present in the server.
The error message from the server is:
It's impossible to create the folder
The creation of the required folder failde.
Detail of the request: