Kolab and Kontact on Mandrake 10

Fausto Zorzi - NetiX s.r.l. list_archive at netixitalia.it
Mon Jul 19 15:39:33 CEST 2004

Hi, I'm trying to configure Kolab server and Kontact as its client on a
Mandrake 10, purchased as a PowerPack+ package.
The Kolab server installed with no problems, since everything needed was
  already there, it starts and stops well.
The problems arose when I tried to configure Kontact to use it as a
client. First I tried to configure that following the little
documentation that comes with the package, than the Mandrake support
told me to refer to an on line document:
http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se/?page=projects&sub=groupware
I followed the Advanced Server Setup wizard as indicated, but when I
reach the section in which I have to select the folder in which to store
the groupware subfolders and press "Next", the program crashes; when I
try to get the backtrace for the crash, I got the following message:
"This backtrace appears to be useless.
This is probably because your packages are built in a way which prevents
creating of proper backtraces, or the stack frame was seriously
corrupted in the crash."
I also tried to follow the manual configuration, first starting KMail
without groupware functionality, then going in Settings->KMail
Configuration, but the "Groupware" folder at the bottom of the dialog
mentioned by the document is not there.
Can someone please help me?
Thank you in advance.