Toltec Connector problems!

Martin Honermeyer lists at strahlungsfrei.de
Thu Apr 22 18:42:12 CEST 2004

After creating a new account for the Toltec Connector, it works! Thanks!

> > Also, a "Posteingang" folder is created inside the INBOX, which isn't
> quite reasonable!
>
> The folder "Posteingang" is created in the <*>namespace<*> INBOX and not
in
> the INBOX mailbox. What client are you using and do they support normal
> NAMESPACE extension?

Outlook 2000 with Toltec Connector 1.7.

> > What is even more disgusting, those folders don't get synchronized!!
When
> clicking on
> > a folder, the Toltec queue window shows that the folder is synchronized.
> This is quite
> > fast, about a second per folder. But it stays empty! I didn't get any
> folder to show
> > any contents :(
>
> The Toltec Connector stores the Outlook objects in a Microsoft BLOB. The
> Connector will synchronize only these messages. The connector only works
> with other Toltec Connector data. You are using another client to create
> data (RFC822) messages. The connector will ignore these messages.
>
> Create a new account and map it with the Toltec Connector. Create objects
in
> Outlook and synchronize it to the server. Install the connector on another
> machine and map to the same account and you will see the data being
> downloaded.
>
> Currently the Toltec Connector works with other Toltec Connectors.

It works okay, but this is annoying because we wanted to migrate to Linux
(Kolab client) after a while!
It won't be possible to migrate existing accounts to normal kolab format,
will it?

Martin