Toltec Connector problems!

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Thu Apr 22 15:33:26 CEST 2004

Dear Martin,

> Toltec Connector is not working over here. I've tried several clients,
running
> Outlook 2000 or Outlook2000SP1 (german). The result is always the same.
Toltec
> creates all the folders from the Kolab account, including some awkward
folders
> like "Gel&APY-schte Objekte" in addition to the normal "Gelöschte
Objekte".

The folders name are mangled by the Toltec Connector to support special
characters. Prior to the latest IMAP4 RFC there was no provision for this.
The new RFC will be implemented in version 2 of the Connector.

> Also, a "Posteingang" folder is created inside the INBOX, which isn't
quite reasonable!

The folder "Posteingang" is created in the <*>namespace<*> INBOX and not in
the INBOX mailbox. What client are you using and do they support normal
NAMESPACE extension?

> What is even more disgusting, those folders don't get synchronized!! When
clicking on
> a folder, the Toltec queue window shows that the folder is synchronized.
This is quite
> fast, about a second per folder. But it stays empty! I didn't get any
folder to show
> any contents :(

The Toltec Connector stores the Outlook objects in a Microsoft BLOB. The
Connector will synchronize only these messages. The connector only works
with other Toltec Connector data. You are using another client to create
data (RFC822) messages. The connector will ignore these messages.

Create a new account and map it with the Toltec Connector. Create objects in
Outlook and synchronize it to the server. Install the connector on another
machine and map to the same account and you will see the data being
downloaded.

Currently the Toltec Connector works with other Toltec Connectors.

Should you have anymore questions, please contact me directly. This list is
for Kolab support and not Toltec Support.

Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557