Proko2 is Good News Towards Kolab2

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Apr 11 14:25:33 CEST 2004

Am Friday 09 April 2004 03:59 pm schrieb Jon Bendtsen:

Hi Jo,

> allright, i can not figure out any more advantages with a database
> backend, just drawbacks.

;-) Actually not using a DB was a very early design decission of Kolab for
obvious reasons.

> Seems like kolab could use the aggregator. Any plans to let kontact? or
> the client in kolab2
> support imap referrels?

IMAP referrals are very nice and not limited to Kolab. We intend to introduce
the Kolab home server as an attribute of the LDAP bases user object. This is
required for proper lookup of freebusy lists etc. Therefore IMAP referals are
not urgent currently.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de