show-time-as and out-of-office in v3

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Fri Jun 22 10:43:53 CEST 2012

On Friday 22 June 2012 10.21:47 Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Ok, so the information in F/B is indeed useful already now.

Quite so, actually.

> When scheduling an event I'm not sure what out-of-office is supposed to tell
> me.  Either the participant says he can attend the event (accepted),
> doesn't know yet (tentative), or can't (declined).

Out of office says: I am likely available, but not for physical meetings.

So if you just want to book a phone call, video conference, or chat session,
that's an entirely viable slot. If you need to talk to them face to face, it
is not.

BTW: That is also why this status has a location attached to it (or can have).

It would be awesome if we could make use of that, as well.

But just having the out of office status is already quite good.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve