show-time-as and out-of-office in v3

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Fri Jun 22 10:21:47 CEST 2012

On Friday 22 June 2012 10.08:03 Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> On Friday 22 June 2012 09.55:24 Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> > Right. We need a UI where this information is actually visible though, for
> > it  to become useful, which at least Kontact doesn't have at the moment
> > and
> > I'm not aware that Roundcube has either, or has it?
>
> Yes, it does.

Oh, right, I missed that one, thanks for pointing it out.

> It uses colors to show the different statuses for free/busy:
>
> 	grey: 	no information
> 	green: 	free
> 	red: 		busy
> 	blue: 	tentative
> 	yellow:	out of office
>
> (See the legend in the add event dialog in the web client)
>
> It also differentiates between required and optional participants by
> diagonally dividing the box.
>
> The upper left (and slightly larger, IIRC) color is for required
> participants, the lower right (and slighly smaller) color includes optional
> participants.
>
> So you can for instance see a status of "all required participants
> available, some optional participants out of office" very easily.
>
> And in the detailed display for free/busy you can even toggle the
> optional/required particpant status by clicking on the respective icon.

Ok, so the information in F/B is indeed useful already now.

Let me note that the usecase is for me slightly dubious, when it comes to
scheduling. For shared calendars (or the f/b shared calendar usecase), it's
clear, because I want to check if the person is here or not.
When scheduling an event I'm not sure what out-of-office is supposed to tell me.
Either the participant says he can attend the event (accepted), doesn't know
yet (tentative), or can't (declined).

I trust you guys for having a usecase for that in mind though ;-)

Cheers,
Christian