KEP 3: Introduction of 'subevent' sub-tag for 'exclusion' from 'recurrence'

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Nov 17 17:22:26 CET 2010

On Wednesday 17 November 2010 16.00:45 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
wrote:
> Do we want the subevent element to be a child of the exclusion for
> recurrence,  or do we want to consider these are not exclusions to the
> event perse, but instead exceptions?

Martin's proposal was to make them children, which allows the most compact
notation and is the most backward compatible. Otherwise you'd break backward
compatibility, because you'd need to find some other way to store WHICH of the
recurrences is being modified through the subevent.

> I would like to have documented which elements must or may be stored in
> within  subevent elements though;

It might be easier to do this by exclusion.

The two fields I don't think a subevent should be allowed to touch are

	recurrence
	uid

and then we might want to mandate that two fields must be set, i.e.

	creation-date
	last-modification-date

to track when a subevent was spun off.

Best regards,