[Kolab-devel] Declaring a new folder type for Horde preferences

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Tue Oct 16 10:19:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Back to the Kolab-compatible clients: Your suggestion is to limit the
> type of folders we use to the set of folder types that are supported
> by all clients declared Kolab-compliant. This also means to limit the
> addition of features to the slowest progressing Kolab-compatible
> client. I assume that we will thus be always slightly behind the
> Microsoft product.

You cannot limit the type of folders as custom folders are supported in Outlook. Kolab compliant clients should not display unknown folder types for that client and normal IMAP4 clients will see the Kolab client information body of the message.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557