Kolab Format specs/Kontact: Question about custom folder types

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Mon Oct 15 18:38:38 CEST 2007

* Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> [20071015 14:49]:
> On Friday 12 October 2007 15:46, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> > > - folders with a folder-type different from "mail" are not mail, so
> > >   SHOULD not be displayed as mail (i.e. hidden).
> > >
> > > Maybe this should be added to the specs.
> >
> > I'd be very happy if this could be done.
>
> I am unsure about the change itself.

I don't regard this as a change, only a clarification.

> I personally would rather see something that I do not understand
> then to overlook that there are possibily additional information.
> Also the default for a regular IMAP client would be to display stuff.

The same applies for all groupware folders.

> > What is required in order to
> > get changes into the Kolab format specs? Do I have to open a bug? Are
> > people going to vote on it? :)
>
> You will need to convince the people of kolab-format at .

Ok, I just subscribed there, copy of this mail to kolab-format,
reply-to set.

For people only on kolab-format, the thread started here:
http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2007-October/007613.html

> We are quite conservative about changing the format because it should
> be a solid base for client implementations.

And maybe because the format specs are not easy readable in this
point, the client implementation of kontact got it wrong.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998