a default inbox annotation

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 6 11:56:12 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 11:41, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 October 2004 11:26, Martin Konold wrote:

The discussion of the following problem and suggestion should
be moved to kolab-devel and to kde-pim or kmail-devel I would say.
Because this is not directly related to the format, but to a general problem
with how to handle incoming mail and several ways to get them.

> > (The IMAP kioslaves shows the messages in the IMAP INBOX. I tend to leave
> > messages in the inbox which need my attention later. When leaving the
> > office and using pop3 I again get the messages downloaded to my Kmail
> > Inbox which is _different_ from my Kolab INBOX. Such mail duplication is
> > not nice)

> OK, I understand the idea now - basically treating IMAP INBOX like a pop
> account: as a way to download mail, but then it arrives into another
> folder. *However* this is going to be awful for the user, because all the
> messages that you download from your IMAP INBOX will have to be re-uploaded
> on the next sync, since they are now in another folder!

(I think Martin already wrote that he is aware of this.)

> Also, I doubt that it's a good idea to make this kind of fundamental change
> at this point. Aren't we late already in the project? How will we ever get
> to the end of it in time, if new requirements pop up every week?
> Downloading mail via both POP and IMAP might be an interesting problem to
> solve, but it isn't part of the proko2 specifications.

Proko2 needs a funcational windows client,
thus for windows a solution is needed.
If this change would solve general KMail problems
then it is desirable for Proko2, because it helps Joon on the windows side.

Martin: Please take this to the KDE people,
independent from the format and Outlook.

Bernhard