Event UID in the Subject?

Stuart K. Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Wed Jul 14 18:38:29 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, 14 July 2004 17:01, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Hmmm, so you cannot deal with an answer of an uid that you did not create
> yourself? Also when the event would be moved from one calender folder to
> another, you would loose this connection?

Sorry, missed the point about moving the message. Yes, if this occurs then we
have a problem, and will have to perform the full folder search to find the
message.

Another option is to treat moving messages between folders as the same as
deleting the messages, at least in terms of iTip requests, i.e. you just
disregard any iTip replies as if the message is no longer there.

In any event, how do the other clients handle this scenario? I'd be interested
to find out what is considered "acceptable" behavior for this. Specifically,
whether or not they actually handle the case of tracking EUID->folder
mappings when moving messages, after requests have been sent out that are
linked to the message.

Indeed, how do you know that a request has been sent out for a given message?
I think we included something in the format to handle this case, although I
can't remember now.

- Stuart