Event UID in the Subject?

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Jul 14 20:16:04 CEST 2004

Hi Bernhard,

> Martin told me that Cyrus really has not has optimised
> implementation here.
> (Because they believe they are not a database.) Maybe he can
> contribute some numbers.
>
> Any operation on the server done by many clients is significant.
> Our design should consider 100.000 or more users.

Sorry to interject here, but 100.000 users would run on some very heavy
hardware. No matter how well the code is written you will never support the
many users on a 486. :-)

Most implementation of more than 5000 users run in mail farms anyway. I
would suggest for a bench marking you should assume a absolute maximum of
500 users on a single processor P4. (Even this is stretching it with content
and anti-virus scanning)

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC