Note by Toltec

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Wed Jul 14 10:07:11 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 09:54, Stuart K. Bingë wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 July 2004 20:05, David Faure wrote:
> > OK. No problem. I opened the mail with KMail, and noticed something though:
> > The main Content-Type header had a newline in the middle of the boundary,
> > which broke decoding the message. I had to remove that newline for kmail
> > to parse the mail correctly. I hope the newline was added by some tool you
> > used for saving, but wasn't in the original email?
>
> Isn't this supposed to happen? I.e. the headers should be folded at 80
> characters, similar to the way iCal content lines should be folded? It seems
> a bit strange that KMail can't handle folded headers...

According to RFC 2822:

2.1.1. Line Length Limits

   There are two limits that this standard places on the number of
   characters in a line. Each line of characters MUST be no more than
   998 characters, and SHOULD be no more than 78 characters, excluding
   the CRLF

So strictly it is legal... (but SHOULD not be done)

Stephan