[Kolab-devel] Hook/Plugin support for kolab-webadmin

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Sat Feb 14 03:27:57 CET 2015

Hi there,

I've created an initial version that supports hooks inside of the
kolab-webadmin api.
The thoughts behind this feature would be to run additional checks or
scripts on api
calls.

The most prominent feature would be small-scale (isp) hosting of kolab
domains where
you want to limit the maximum amount of accounts and/or overall quota. I
know this
feature is not useful in a soho or enterprise environment where you
don't want to
put limits on yourself.

The example currently is using the kolab.conf variables but should be
easily
adjustable to use ldap attributes or whatsoever.

I pushed it the 'hooks' branch, please take a look at it and tell me
your thoughts:
http://git.kolab.org/kolab-wap/commit/?h=hooks&id=6c11665338354181ab1f4eb8db9166a0df9d28cd

Current supported hooks:
all api calls (before + after) + some validate_* checks from
kolab_api_service_form_value

This can be the beginning, so we/you might be able to add additional
hooks to enhance
or adjust kolab-webadmin without breaking it every time there comes a
bugfix/security
patch.

--
Regards