[Kolab-devel] Defaults files: kolabd and kolab-server

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Mon Nov 11 21:57:01 CET 2013

Op maandag 11 november 2013 14:10:32 schreef Paul Boddie:
> On Monday 11. November 2013 13.42.53 Torsten Grote wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > On Saturday 09 November 2013 18:48:11 Paul Boddie wrote:
> > > Should I file a bug for this or even attempt to submit a patch?

Yes, and yes :-).

> > Sounds to me like something that should be fixed, but I'm not a real Debian
> > developer. What do others think? Do we need a patch here?
>
> Sorry, I probably wasn't clear, but this was experienced with the OBS packages
> mentioned on this list. I guess the solution is for me to change the Debian
> packaging and submit via OBS, but for reference I found the init script in the
> following place:

This naming confusion dates back from my first efforts at packaging for Debian, so I guess you could put it down to inexperience. It's something I've been meaning to look into but never gotten around to. In hindsight, I reckon that consistently naming these files kolabd.* would have been better and less confusing.

> pykolab-0.6.8/debian/kolab-server.init
>
> I just wondered if other distributions' init scripts were affected by this
> since it looks like an artefact of a package or component renaming.

This would be Debian only.

Cheers,

Paul

PGP: 8FE6E0BD