[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.3.1 / Horde: Does not display E-Mail

Del delonly at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:35:13 CEST 2011

>But I really wonder that no one else has experienced this. Maybe this
>has something to do with my Linux distribution? (Debian squeeze, which
>is very new)?
>
>Best Regards,
>Hermann

Hello Hermann,

You are not alone ;) I have just set up Kolab 2.3.1 on Debian Squeeze,
and observe the same issue. We should probably file a bug-report on
this. I have looked around and found the same issue in Horde for users
without the correct locale installed:
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/5955

Indeed, the messages in English preview fine in Horde, but messages in
Norwegian does not. However, if I choose Norwegian as the language
when I log-in to Horde, the messages preview fine. There is a
dependency between locales in the Debian host and the Horde
web-interface (ref. https://issues.kolab.org/issue2732 ), so I assume
the problem can be related to Debian Squeeze.

In my case I have copied over old messages from Kontact 4.4.10, and
observed it in one new message so far. Copying over exposed one more
issue, the copied messages are not ordered by Arrival date in Horde.
Kontact does not have any problem sorting them by date. New messages
do come on top, so this only seems to apply to the copied messages.
Horde does display the correct arrival date on each, so it seems the
ordering is done by some other meta-data.

Thirdly, the necessity to use Norwegian in Horde exposed the terribly
sketchy language translations. Gunnar, I assume Horde4 is on the way,
so maybe this is the place I should look to contribute with
translations: http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/TranslationH4 ?

Still, a big thanks to all developers for a fantastic release!

Cheers,
Del