[Kolab-devel] [issue4776] DBERROR: foreach cb() failed is missleading

Valentin issues at kolab.org
Fri Aug 26 22:41:11 CEST 2011

Running cyrus on one of our Kolab servers, we sometimes encounter a "DBERROR"
which seems to be a warning instead of a real error:
(syslog)

DBERROR: foreach cb() failed

Being curious about it's deeper meaning, I found this source code excerpt:
cyrusdb_db3.c

  -------------------------------
´  r = cb(rock, k.data, k.size, d.data, d.size);
|  if (r != 0) {
|     if (r < 0) {
|          syslog(LOG_ERR, "DBERROR: foreach cb() failed");
|     }
|  /* don't mistake this for a db error */
|  r = 0;
` --------------------------------

For me as a system administrator this "DBERROR" is misleading and should be a
declared as a warning in the syslog.

Btw, we are still using there versions (see below). Don't know if this is
important for this ticket.
kolab-cyrus-admin 2.2.13-5build2
kolab-cyrus-clients 2.2.13-5build
kolab-cyrus-common 2.2.13-5build2
kolab-cyrus-imapd 2.2.13-5build2
kolab-cyrus-pop3d 2.2.13-5build2
kolab-libcyrus-imap-perl 2.2.13-5build2

messages: 28187
nosy: Valentin
priority: wish
status: unread
title: DBERROR: foreach cb() failed is missleading