[Kolab-devel] Where to save mobile device configuration? (Completing ActiveSync integration in Kolabmore extensions)

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Thu Mar 25 12:34:26 CET 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010 11:55:12 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Ideally: On the device itself.
> So you would probably need to transfer it. I cannot say if this is possible
> within active sync.

I don't think that's possible.

Also: Flattening the hierarchy is something that the server needs to do to
then hide it from the device. So the code that depends on this configuration
setting is on the server, not the device.

> A workaround idea I have is:
> Just offer two urls or the service, one flat and one hiearchical,
> this way you can configure this on the device by chosing the service URL.

Interesting idea.

ActiveSync uses a default URL, IIRC.

So maybe this would require some DNS magic.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve