[Kolab-devel] Where to save mobile device configuration? (Completing ActiveSync integration in Kolabmore extensions)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 25 11:55:12 CET 2010

Am Dienstag, 23. März 2010 11:08:47 schrieb Alain Abbas:
> im working on the "flat mode " for device who doesnt support others
> calendars an contacts than the default one
> i need a supplementary setting
> 1) a variables who tell if the device is in folder mode or flat mode
> 2) we could have a global setting by device type in the config file
>
> where to store the by device setting?

Ideally: On the device itself.
So you would probably need to transfer it. I cannot say if this is possible
within active sync.

A workaround idea I have is:
Just offer two urls or the service, one flat and one hiearchical,
this way you can configure this on the device by chosing the service URL.

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.