[Kolab-devel] Kolab on Gmail

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jul 24 17:19:30 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 16:40, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> The Kolab concept is based on this annotation support but so far the
> feature is only being provided by the Cyrus IMAP server. In addition
> the Kolab Server uses some patches in that area which means that you
> always need a full Kolab Server as a basis for Kolab specific
> development.

Note that we are currently looking into what it takes to beef
up Dovecot to play nicely as IMAP server within a Kolab Server.
This was triggered because a customer is taking interest in it
and because Dovecot can deal wit NAS situations better than Cyrus imapd.

Also helping us to push the extensions for Cryus IMAPD upstream
is highly appreciated.
See https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/merge4
and other merge issues with Cyrus:
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/merge?%3Aaction=search&%3Asearch_text=Cyrus&%3Acolumns=title&%3Acolumns=id&%3Acolumns=activity&%3Acolumns=status&

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 16:40, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> In fact this line of coding is something I won't invest too much time
> into. It will never get any support from Kolab (as using annotations
> is the better solution) and I don't guarantee you that the format I'm
> using stays the same. So if you'd start using the code in a production
> environment the next upgrade might prevent access to the old data.
>
> The main intention of this is to ease access to the code and allow
> more people to play with it.

Yes, it is good that this enables more people to play with the Kolab
codepaths in Horde.

Best,
Bernhard