[Kolab-devel] IMAP annotation for groupware folder descriptions

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Sep 19 14:38:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

> > This would be important because the newer IMAP server does not allow
> > to store abitrary annotations anymore (for security reasons). So we
> > would need to declare them.
>
> Which is a good thing, not only for security reasons :)

Let me explain the reason for this from the Outlook side. In Outlook anyone
can create a custom folder type or custom messages. This mechanism was
created to provide for custom folder types. Without this mechanism, not all
folders will be uploaded to the sever and the server will no longer be a
backup of the local mail store.

It is not possible to predict what custom folder types there will be.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557