[Kolab-devel] Horde Installations

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sat Jun 3 17:45:24 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2006 08:28 schrieb Andrew J. Kopciuch:
> There have been more and more questions regarding Horde installations on
> the lists recently.  It seems that people are following the instructions
> found :
>
> http://www.kolab.org/webclient.html
>
> That document has instructions for installing the CVS version of Horde.
> With the recent stable releases (With Kolab support), wouldn't it be better
> to point people to install the stable release of Horde as opposed to trying
> your luck with a CVS version?

Stuart Binge had been mainly maintaining this section of the webpages.
I have not seen Stuart around for a while, so I would not mind if someone
takes over maintenance of these pages.

Patches are also appreciated.
Open an issue, topic "patch", assign it to me or Torsten and put us both on
nosy.

We also probably have to come up with a small section about why
we believe that Horde's design philosophy does not fit Kolab's
resulting in a lot of load on the cyrus imap when using Horde currently.
At least some developers expect that it does not scale well.

> I also have a shell script (with some additional files) that I wrote to
> fully install Horde with Kolab.  It downloads the packages, unpacks,
> installs, creates the DB, VFS, custom changes for hooks, and Kolab changes.
>
> It works with PostgreSQL, and the system web server.  I do this for a
> couple of reasons.

Cool, thanks for sharing this (as you did in the last email).

Bernhard