[Kolab-devel] Better performance by modification in slurpd.pm?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sat Jun 3 17:50:42 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 23. Mai 2006 16:26 schrieb Tobias Koenig:
> I wondered why our kolabd fills the logfile with hundreds of lines in
> some minutes and after some investigation I realized that kolabd with
> slurpd backend does a full-sync on _every_ change, not only at the startup.
>
> Is this really necessary? The ActiveDirectory backends seems to execute
> only these actions which are pushed by the AD, so every change in the AD
> LDAP results in one change in the IMAP folder only.

Some of this is discussed in the tracker, I believe it is issue1194,
but I am currently offline, so I cannot check.

The change of the directory service only triggers a pull on the kolabd side.
This has the advantage that different ways of triggering can be implemented
and the solution is more robust if actions on changes are missed for what any
reason.