[Kolab-devel] [issue1223] kde-i18n in proko2 branch "make install" does not update "make" targets

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sun Apr 23 11:50:21 CEST 2006

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

@svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/kdepim/proko2/kde-i18n/de/messages/kdepim
Revision: 532328

Running "make install" will not update the .gmo files.
"make" has to be run explicitely.

I consider this a minor bug, unless this is KDE policy somewhere.
My expected behaviour would be that

make install
also checks all "all:" targets before doing the install.

Reproducable:
Say "make", wait a few minutes until you can see a different time with "ls".
Now check the .gmo file times.
Touch a .po file and say "make install" -> the .gmo file dates did not
change.
Doing a "make" the .gmo file in question is redone.

Special about my setup:
I am using symbolic links to the actual .po files.

Till, you might remember that I have talked about that my
translations did not work out on my local build with you
on the phone, this is the reason.

assignedto: till
messages: 7220
nosy: bernhard, david, till
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: kde-i18n in proko2 branch "make install" does not update "make" targets
topic: kde client