[Kolab-devel] Kolab user management

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Mar 23 14:33:28 CET 2005

Am Mittwoch, 23. März 2005 11:47 schrieb Cajus Pollmeier:

Hi Cajus,

> looking at the kolabDeleteflag, it seems to request a complete delete of
> the DN which contains it - if I'm interpreting the perl code correctly.
> Technically this is a problem for tools like LAM or GOsa, because they
> might want to remove the Kolab aspects of an account, only.

Yes, this is indeed an issue. But how often is the plain removal of the Kolab
aspect only a requirement?

> Besides the handling of mailboxes and alias cleanups, are there additional
> things you take care of when the delete flag is set?

The LDAP admin tool has not to take care of anything like these. This is the
job of the kolabd which does not care you made the appropriate settings in
the LDAP repository.

> Are kolabOrganizationalUnit

basically it is a normal OrganizationalUnit plus deleteflag. Please check with
kolab2.schema for further details.

> interpretation somewhere? Or what do you mean by "We use kolabNamedObject
> in order to put more structure in the directory tree"?

We want to easily find the base dn for kolab in a potentially big LDAP tree.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany