AW: Server problem on freebsd (Re: AW: [Kolab-devel] KolabDeleteflagindex_param failed)

Sönke Ebert soenke.ebert at freenet.de
Mon Mar 21 11:52:26 CET 2005

All right, first of all thanks for your quick reply.
To start with it: My last problem is solved. I can send emails via Outlook
now. It was indeed a misconfig in postfix (interface was specified, not the
network it should be responsible for).
Next:

> This probably has been checked, but just to be sure:
> Can you telnet to your openldap port from the other machine?
> It might be a network/firewall related problem.

No, I can't. So, Outlook can't reach LDAP either of course...
I don't have any firewall yet.

> Do you have Kolab in a jail ?
> Some people had problems with this before, they could be
> solved, but as all Kolab developers do not have a FreeBSD box,
> this is hard for us to debug.

No. I installed it with the obmtool with openpkg, not in a jail.

> Can you contact ldap via telnet on localhost?

Yes, I can.

> Are you in the position to offer access to the machine?
> Then we might take a look.
> Also you could go looking for sasl debugging information.

I am not sure. How? Telnet?

> Matt might also have insights, because he could only run Kolab nicely on >
> some versions FreeBSD, if I remember correctly. Maybe searching our lists
> for freebsd gives you a fesw more hints where to look.

Thanks, I will give it a try

Sönke