AW: Server problem on freebsd (Re: AW: [Kolab-devel] KolabDeleteflagindex_param failed)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 21 11:53:44 CET 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 11:52, Sönke Ebert wrote:
> All right, first of all thanks for your quick reply.

You are welcome, we all try to be helpful, but it depends
on when we have time to read emails, thus assisstance by anybody
is appreciated (e.g. put stuff in the wikis or help others).

> To start with it: My last problem is solved. I can send emails via Outlook
> now. It was indeed a misconfig in postfix (interface was specified, not the
> network it should be responsible for).

Very good.

> Next:
> > This probably has been checked, but just to be sure:
> > Can you telnet to your openldap port from the other machine?
> > It might be a network/firewall related problem.
>
> No, I can't. So, Outlook can't reach LDAP either of course...
> I don't have any firewall yet.

The chance is high that this is a network problem then
or a freebsd specific configuration which prevents openldap to open a port
for other interfaces. Unfortunately I do not know much about freebsd...
On GNU/Linux an iptables -L is a nice check and netstat can tell on
which interfaces slapd is listening.

> > Do you have Kolab in a jail ?
> > Some people had problems with this before, they could be
> > solved, but as all Kolab developers do not have a FreeBSD box,
> > this is hard for us to debug.
>
> No. I installed it with the obmtool with openpkg, not in a jail.

Good.

> > Can you contact ldap via telnet on localhost?
>
> Yes, I can.

So at least it works locally so some extend.

> > Are you in the position to offer access to the machine?
> > Then we might take a look.
> > Also you could go looking for sasl debugging information.
>
> I am not sure. How? Telnet?

Access to a machine should always be granted by ssh.
How to debug sasl I also do not know, but searching for some
documentation how to debug it could help.
From the above tests I would first check into the network setups,
before going into the sasl details as your smtp work now.

Bernhard