[Kolab-devel] Testing

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Wed Jul 6 14:18:55 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 12.55, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I wonder if anyone here is interested in testing this. Should I make
> packages to crash'n'burn test?

ohhh yesss please, my test servers are ready, willing and able.

> 1) Should domain-maintainers have any kind of write-access to the global
> addressbook (the cn=external,... subtree) ?

IMO no

> 2) Should domain-maintainers have any kind of write-access to internal
> accounts and hidden distribution lists (the cn=internal,... subtree) ?

only in their own domain

> 3) What should domain-maintainers be allowed to put in the
> alias-attribute for an account? Only email addresses from within his
> domains?

This is tricky, since their might be aliases for different domains tied to one
master domain.

For exampl admin on foo.tld, also wants to recieve emails for bar.tld and
foobar.tld, then he needs to be allowed to use those as well.

> So, how do we make this domain-maintainer class of maintainers most
> useful?

Also while you are messing with this, pls pls pls make a special user type or
limited maintainer that can only reach the global addressbook, but in
multidomain there really must be one "global" addressbook for each subtree

rgds

Matt