[Kolab-devel] Master and slave servers seperated by slow links

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Sep 22 06:58:18 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 21. September 2004 19:15 schrieb Matt Douhan:

Hi Matt,

> some problems I saw when seperating Master and slave Kolab servers with a
> slow WAN link, the problems were as follows.

Thanks for testing this!

> Timeouts when using the web GUI on a slave to configure things.

We could decide to redirect to the Apache on the master server in order to
work around this potential problem.

> spurious, were all solved by doubling the LDAP timeouts for postfix and
> imapd.

In which places did you edit them?

> Just thought I would share this in case it ever comes up

Well, I am seriously considering to enable the larger timeouts in general. As
long as the timeouts stay reasonable they should not hurt.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de