[Kolab-devel] imap search operation costs

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Jul 15 23:20:22 CEST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2004 22:53 schrieb Stuart K. Bingë:

Gu Stuart,

> also using a UID search within the resource manager, although currently
> it's a full-body search :-/. If we include the UID in the subject we can
> restrict/optimise this to a Subject search.

While I understand that the resource manager shares a lot of the
implementation with the calendar I fail to understand why the resource
manager needs to do searches for a UID.

What is the use case where the resource manager significantly requires access
to a specific EUID?

> Just thought I'd provide more reasons for my cause :-)

Please explain.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de