[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.0 Release Coordination

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jul 7 09:22:19 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 6. Juli 2004 14:56 schrieb Stephan Buys:

Hi,

> > One biggie for a lot of people: Multidomain support. I assume real
> > virtual domains are not easy to set up with the kolab stuff. But how
> > about doing the "soft" solution where the system can run alias domains?

> > If this could be included, we could put real multidomain support as a
> > wish for Kolab 3.0.
>
> Agreed. Although I think we could easily implement it already...

True multidomain support is not that trivial. I already looked into more
deeply.

On the other hand the "soft" multidomain support is much easier to achieve but
currently no immediate goal for me.

IMHO true multidomain support is a nice Kolab 3.0 feature.

> > > Also, we need a target for release date. (Not set in stone, but a
> > > milestone of sorts) I suggest 1 October 2004.
> >
> > I think that's a bit close for us proko2 people. November 1st perhaps?

I expect in the middle of October some rather nice Proko2 packages. From these
packages we will work towards a true Kolab 2.0 release.

> What about we drop the template META_FILE handling and the other

What do you mean with dropping the META_FILE handling?

> We can always implement those features in Kolab2.1?

Which features?

REgards,-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de