[Kolab-devel] Beta-Strategy for Server?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 10 20:26:35 CET 2004

Hi developers,
we need a beta release strategy for the server.

Together with Bernhard Herzog I thought a bit about
the server structure for beta releases and currently
I think that it makes sense to just link from a beta/server/
directory to the correct development/server/dated/xxxxx
directory and keep the trick with the symlinks.

So each server release would just be done under development
and if it turns out to be okay, we could give it a beta version number.

Steffen: How do you think shall be treat our source version numbers?

So the question is: When to release the beta?
Server 20041201 seems close to what I would call beta,
but there are some minor glitches with the upgrade to openpkg 2.2
we did and some more serious bugs.

We do have another version in the queue, but the following
bugs should be fixed before we go into beta1, I would say:

488  	Document procedure to change the manager password.
558  	just now  	 kolab.conf has wrong permissions after update
562         forwarded emails bounced in from check

What do you think?

Bernhard