[Kolab-devel] Analysis of large calendar performance hit

Arend van Beelen jr. arend at auton.nl
Mon Jul 21 17:22:09 CEST 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:42:56 +0200
  Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de> wrote:
>Am Montag, 21. Juli 2003 16:10 schrieb Arend van Beelen
>jr.:
>
>Hi Arend,

>>the
>> >
>> >After closing and starting the KDE Kolab client again.
>> >How much time is
>> >required the second time?
>>
>> Every time I click the calendar, it takes the same
>>amount
>> of time. Whether there's a client restart between them
>>or
>> not.
>
>So you are using the KDE Client to access the TNEF
>encoded entries created by
>OL2000?
Yes. It's buggy still, but it is 'somewhat' useful enough
to view public calendars.

>1. We currently don't support concurrent access of OL and
>the KDE Kolab client
>to the same account.
>
>2. Currently the KDE Kolab client should rewrite the TNEF
>proprietary format
>to ical when saving the calendar.
The KDE client doesn't write to the calendar, it only
reads it.

>Can you please check on server which format is actually
>used?
On the server (under /kolab/var/imapd/spool/...) I can
only find messages with application/ms-tnef attachements.

>On the other hand because you mention that the time
>problem arises whenever
>you click on the calendar I assume that the performance
>problem is within the
>client/KOrganizer.
That was what I thought as well ;)

>Bo should be able to comment on this.
>
>Regards,
>-- martin konold
>
>Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
>e r f r a k o n
>Erlewein, Frank, Konold & Partner - Beratende Ingenieure
>und Physiker
>Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
>fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
>email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de

Bye,

Arend jr.