[Kolab-devel] Analysis of large calendar performance hit

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Jul 21 16:42:56 CEST 2003

Am Montag, 21. Juli 2003 16:10 schrieb Arend van Beelen jr.:

Hi Arend,

> >Are you sure that you are using TNEF encoded calendar
> >entries?
>
> The entries are all created by Outlook 2000 clients. So
> they should be Outlook's TNEF format, right?

Yes, using OL2000 client you get TNEF format.

> >> it takes 15+ seconds to load the calendar. I found the
> >
> >After closing and starting the KDE Kolab client again.
> >How much time is
> >required the second time?
>
> Every time I click the calendar, it takes the same amount
> of time. Whether there's a client restart between them or
> not.

So you are using the KDE Client to access the TNEF encoded entries created by
OL2000?

1. We currently don't support concurrent access of OL and the KDE Kolab client
to the same account.

2. Currently the KDE Kolab client should rewrite the TNEF proprietary format
to ical when saving the calendar.
Can you please check on server which format is actually used?

On the other hand because you mention that the time problem arises whenever
you click on the calendar I assume that the performance problem is within the
client/KOrganizer.

Bo should be able to comment on this.

Regards,
-- martin konold

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de