Update Kolab16 on Debian 10 - mailboxes still disappear

Franz Skale i.bin at dah.am
Sun Oct 30 08:06:46 CET 2022

Hi Matthias,
i use the deb 10 backport mirrors and encountered a similar problem when
ugrading from cyrus 3.0 to 3.2.
Before the upgrade, all cyrus services must be stopped (cyrus-imapd) !
Otherwise, you end up with a broken mailboxes.db
Verify:
file /var/lib/cyrus/mailboxes.db
/var/lib/cyrus/mailboxes.db: Cyrus twoskip DB
Be sure to use two_skip format ! (recontruct)

I did the following:
1.) Backup the /var/lib/cyrus/ (incl. mailboxes.db)
2.) chown cyrus:mail /var/lib/imap/* -R (After the upgrade, the
permssions were wrong !)
3.) su - cyrus -c '/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -V max'
4.) su - cyrus -c '/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d' (All mailboxes
should appear)
That's it.

Best Franz