Multi domain setup not working (Ubuntu 18.04)

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Fri Jun 24 10:07:21 CEST 2022

Sure,

This is the specific part that is used by ptloader:

ldap_domain_base_dn: cn=kolab,cn=config
ldap_domain_filter:
(&(objectclass=domainrelatedobject)(associateddomain=%s))
ldap_domain_name_attribute: associateddomain
ldap_domain_scope: sub
ldap_domain_result_attribute: inetdomainbasedn

If the domain would have been searched in the Root DN that it's listing
as being relevant, the domain would have been found. But it seems not to
do so...

Tom

Op 23-6-2022 om 23:45 schreef Jochen Kellner:
> Tom Reijnders <reijnders at tor.nl> writes:
>
>> This is a complete separate domain (and you need to change quite a lot
>> of things to make it work. I followed this process:
>>
>> https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html
> Ah, ok. I had a look at that document and I suspect something in
> /etc/cyrus.conf or /etc/imapd.conf. I only have an alias domain...
>
> Can you show at least the ldap_.* configuration in /etc/imapd.conf?
> Maybe someone spots an error or has a tip for you.
>
> Jochen
>
>> Op 23-6-2022 om 00:13 schreef Jochen Kellner:

>>> which logfile is that? I've recently added a secondary/alias domain to
>>> my kolab on Debian 10 - and that seems to work. And I don't see similar
>>> messages...

>>> On my system ptloader is /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/ptloader, which is part of
>>> cyrus-common:
>>>
>>> root at jupiter:/var/log# dpkg -S /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/ptloader
>>> cyrus-common: /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/ptloader
>>> root at jupiter:/var/log# dpkg -l cyrus-common
>>> Gewünscht=Unbekannt/Installieren/R=Entfernen/P=Vollständig Löschen/Halten
>>>            Halb installiert/Trigger erWartet/Trigger anhängig
>>> ii  cyrus-common   3.0.8-6+deb10u6 amd64        Cyrus mail system - common files

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica
Chopinlaan 27
5242HM Rosmalen