Centos 7 new install

marko kolab at mechtron.com.au
Fri Jun 17 01:21:42 CEST 2022

The vault has old centos packages.   I have a problem with fail2ban and need old packages
to make it work.

I wget the packages:

wget http://vault.centos.org/7.6.1810/os/x86_64/Packages/
firewalld-0.5.3-5.el7.noarch.rpm
then downgrade them:
yum downgrade firewalld-0.5.3-5.el7.noarch.rpm - y

after a centos upgrade, I run a script to downgrade again.  I'm sure there is some kind of
pinning option, but I don't know a lot about centos.

I don't know if this is practical for php but it would be worth a try

good luck

marko