Valid Sender ? - Re: [Kolab-devel] New selfcontained packaging for roundcube and guam

Jochen Kellner jochen at jochen.org
Mon Jun 13 22:42:31 CEST 2022

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Erhardt <christoph.erhardt at sicherha.de> writes:

> Hi Jochen,
>
> So, for now, the best solution is this:
> edit `/var/lib/dpkg/info/roundcubemail-core.prerm`, comment out the line with
> `reload_apache`, then perform the package upgrade.

That's exactly what I did :-)

>> After that I sould run »apt --fix-broken install«, but there are some
>> missing dependencies:
>>
>>  chwala : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab
>>  irony : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libcalendaring (>= 3.1.12)
>>          Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab (>= 3.1.12)
>>  kolab-syncroton : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-folders (>= 3.1.12)
>>                    Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libcalendaring (>= 3.1.12)
>>                    Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab (>= 3.1.12)
>>                    Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth (>= 3.1.12)
>>  kolab-webclient : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-contextmenu
>>                    Depends: roundcubemail-skin-kolab
>>  roundcubemail-core : Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-acl
>>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-archive
>>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-filesystem-attachments
>>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-jqueryui
>>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-newmail-notifier
>>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-password
>>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-redundant-attachments
>>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-zipdownload
>>                       Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-managesieve
>>  roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth-proxy : Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-delegation :
>> Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-libkolab roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-sso : Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth roundcubemail-plugins-kolab : Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-calendar Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-activesync Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-addressbook Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-auth Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-config
>> Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-files Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-folders Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-notes Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-kolab-tags
>> Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-odfviewer Depends:
>> roundcubemail-plugin-pdfviewer Depends: roundcubemail-plugin-tasklist
>>
>> Debian packages can replace/provide package(name)s - may be a solution,
>> Or the packages should depend on roundcubemail instead of the
>> roundcubemail-plugin-* packages.
> Could you try running `apt update` to get the latest package sources? That
> particular dependency problem should have been fixed last night with version
> 1.5.2-0~kolab4.

Yes, that package did indeed install ok and seems to work. Thanks for
getting the ball rolling again - a roundcube update was really needed.

>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>  php-kolab : Depends: libkolab2 (>= 2.0~dev20151230-0~kolab18) but it is not
>> going to be installed Depends: libcalendaring (>= 4.9.1) but it is not
>> going to be installed Depends: phpapi-20180731
>>  php-kolabformat : Depends: phpapi-20180731
>> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

> Not sure what the concrete problem is here, but I would avoid Debian 11 for
> now - the removal of Python 2 means that pykolab won't work correctly. There
> is some ongoing community work to make pykolab compatible with Python 3, but
> it's rather slow-moving because that's not an easy feat at all. The devil is
> in the details.

That was my thinking as well - as long as Kolab didn't support Debian 11
I'll keep the kolab server on Debian 10.  That host with Debian 11 is my
"public facing" server with VPN, webmail (roundcube, snappymail) and
nextcloud.  Since my users don't use the groupware features I could go
back to more-or-less plain roundcube and take it from there.

Right now that server is stuck at roundcube 1.14.13 either from kolab or
debian proper. But that's ok for now.
Let's see what OS release kolab can support - my personal preference was
debian for a long time, but I got Ubuntu and Fedora in the mix too.

Thanks again,

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.