Some correspondents have kolab_user at kolab_server instead of From address in their replies [Solved]

Johannes Ranke johannes.ranke at jrwb.de
Thu Jan 20 12:04:25 CET 2022

Hi again,

I could solve this problem by setting the option

[kolab_smtp_access_policy]
sender_header_enc_key = xxxxx

in my /etc/kolab/kolab.conf. This has the effect of suppressing the addition of
the Sender: header, which showed kolab_user in my case. Instead, the encrypted
sender is added as an X-Authenticated-As: header, which is fine with me because
it will most likely not be used by my correspondents email programs as a
reply-to address.

Apparently other people had trouble with these headers as well, which lead to
this task

  https://git.kolab.org/T1020

Cheers,

Johannes