Multi domain setup - problem with hosted_duplet_mydestination.cf

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Mon Aug 1 15:23:29 CEST 2022

L.S.,

The proposed setup does not work if you have primary domain (in two
parts) with a tree part domain alias.

This happens by default for the primary domain!

Suppose you have domain example.com, and you set up kolab on a machine
kolab.example.com.

Then you use this document to setup multidomain support:
https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html

The primary domain will have automatically set up the following domains
as domain aliases of example.com:
example.com
localhost
localhost.localdomain
kolab.example.com

The following search query than fails:

query_filter =
(&(objectclass=domainrelatedobject)(associatedDomain=%s)(associateddomain=*.*)(!(associateddomain=*.*.*)))

Because it will match *.*.* for kolab.example.com!

In this case I could easily solve it by removing kolab.example.com from
the list.

B.T.W. I think the configuration will never match localhost either.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica