Multidomain Kolab 16 cannot send email from domain alias to primary domain

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Sun Nov 28 22:14:23 CET 2021

L.S. ,

I don't understand the submission policy and how to change/configure it:

I've got 3 domains and in one of the domains I have setup an alias domain.

As per instructions I made sure to have a ldap/tor.nl/ folder with
specific configuraion files (mydestination.cf, local_recipients_maps.cf,
etc) to make sure the alias domain of tor.nl is found and working.

Suppose the alias domain is otherdomain.nl.

I now want to send an email from user1 at otherdomain.nl to user2 at tor.nl

I get the following error (casue by the submission policy:

check_table_result: unix:private/submission_policy REJECT Sender
user1 at otherdomain.nl is not allowed to send to recipient user2 at tor.nl
policy query

Why is this? Is this because user1 at otherdomain.nl is en alias? That
cannot be the only reason. I can send an email from user1 at otherdomain.nl
to user2 at otherdomain.nl (which happens to be an alias of user2 at tor.nl).

Where are the rules defined and how to change them.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica