Kolab Service Does not Start/No Emails Can be Sent/Received

Jochen Kellner jochen at jochen.org
Sat May 1 21:24:53 CEST 2021

Bob Jones <sckalleon at yahoo.com> writes:

>>That seems fine, Can you connect with that name and password to your
>>LDAP server?  The log said that name or password was wrong. If the
>>service user can't connect to LDAP nothing really can work.  So that's
>>what you need to check first and get working. Try connecting with
>>ldapsearch or some other LDAP tool you might use.
>
> Using the host and port from ldap_uri under ldap section in kolab.conf, this is what I get:

>    ldap_initialize( ldap://host:port )
>    ldap_bind: No such object (32)
>
> It seems the path is incorrect, and this does not even get to
> validating the password. My attempts at getting ldapsearch
> to return any objects seems to not yield anything. I have to say I am
> not terribly familiar with ldapsearch. Perhaps I have
> not given the right commands to it just yet.
>
> What could be making these paths invalid?

I have no idea - but ldapwhoami an my kolab gives (another) error.
I've just tried:

ldapsearch -H ldap://<host>:389 -D 'uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=abc,dc=com' -Z -b 'dc=abc,dc=com' -x -w

That works for me and lists all users and groups and Special Users...

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.